Consultant – Building Technology and Energy Efficiency
With the business growing rapidly, driven by demand from existing clients and new business, Considerate Group has identified the need for a Consultant – Building Technology and Energy Efficiency to support a rapidly growing business line within the company. A growing number of Considerate’s clients require technical support focused on the building fabric and major capex items, including hardware and equipment. Sitting within Considerate’s Data team and reporting to the Senior Sustainability Data Manager, this role will support the delivery of high-quality products, services, and strategic projects with a focus on technical delivery. Key to the role is effective project management coupled with a technical mindset and the ability to build trust and rapport with existing clients and partners.
Job title: Consultant – Building Technology and Energy Efficiency
Company: Considerate Group
Hours: Full time
Location: London, UK
Line Manager: Senior Sustainability Data Manager
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Other benefits: pension contribution, flexibility to work from home 2 or 3 days per week, flexibility to work from ‘anywhere in the World’ for up to 10 days per year, volunteering days, 25 days annual leave plus 1 additional day of annual leave per year of employment (capped at 30 days), a training and development package, HealthShield wellbeing package, access to complementary/discounted stays in client hotels.
Considerate’s mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology tools, advisory services, and first-class customer service.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel’s occupancy, restaurant’s food covers or outside temperatures. We are currently developing our mobile app fluttr, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
Considerate Group also provides advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the environmental, social and governance dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops and professional seminars, creating sustainability toolkits, and corporate sustainability reporting.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
- Delivery of energy and net zero audits and other technical services for hospitality clients, supported by Considerate’s broader team
- Analyse energy data from buildings and operations to assess performance and create numerical models for energy profiling
- Develop costed energy and carbon saving recommendations, scenarios and pathways based on state-of-the-art interventions and in alignment with long-term client investment strategies
- Act as a point of contact for clients on energy audits, responding to queries and responsible for preparing and managing proposals
- Schedule, conduct and oversee audits and site visits for client properties across Europe (periodic short-trips required)
- Oversee preparation of professionally presented bespoke reports with clear and concise recommendations
- Quality-assurance of work-stream outputs
- Understanding of Considerate’s broader business proposition and portfolio of services
- Understanding of Considerate’s sustainability data platforms, Con-Serve™ and fluttr
- Develop and maintain client and technical partner relationships
- As part of a small team with a relatively flat reporting structure, support colleagues at all levels as needed to ensure effective client/project delivery
- Matrix management of team members to ensure smooth project delivery
- Provide support to the scoping of strategic projects and solutions for clients, including development of new solutions and services
- Keep abreast of developments in the real estate and hospitality landscape, including scientific and industry developments (as well as political, legislative, market and voluntary market developments)
- Carry out sustainability related research, both internally and externally
- Support product development and improvement of existing processes
- Keep up to date with technical developments, including fluttr™ and Con-Serve™
- Deliver entrepreneurial advice/suggestions to further develop Considerate Group’s service offering
- Contribute to revenue targets through business generation, renewals, upselling and cross-selling
- Lead by example in the regular and dedicated use of Considerate Group’s internal CRM system
Required experience & interests
- At least three to five years of work-based experience in building facilities or engineering, including technical knowledge of building services, HVAC equipment, low-carbon technologies, and typical arrangements
- Direct experience working in real estate or in hospitality operations and/or management
- Experience working on site visits & delivering high quality reports
- Familiar with BREEAM In-use and LEED reporting and certification
- Strong knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory developments as well as market practice
- Demonstrable passion for ESG and sustainability
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail; confident quality assuring own and others’ work
- Adaptable with ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside area of expertise
- Highly customer service orientated
- Self-driven and reliable
Additional skills (beneficial but not obligatory)
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: German, French, and/or Spanish