Sustainability Executive Paid Internship, with possibility of permanent position
Company: Considerate Hoteliers
Start Date: 1st November 2018
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £1,300 per month
You will have the opportunity to work in a vibrant environment with a passionate team, dedicated to bringing about positive change in the hospitality industry and growing the business to become the leading specialist in the segment. We are an innovator in developing sustainable solutions and technology for the hospitality industry – and in 2018 we have won a UK Government bid for the development of an APP for the hospitality SME market. You will be required to execute a variety of tasks with a steep learning curve; you will be given immediate responsibilities in account support and you will have the opportunity to join client-facing meetings with prestigious brands. You will be expected to be able to work independently with minimum supervision. If successful, at the end of your internship, you will be offered a permanent position as a Sustainability Executive.
Considerate Hoteliers’ mission is to drive responsible management at every level of a hospitality business. Through Con-Serve™, our sustainability data management platform designed specifically for the hospitality industry, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, interpret and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel occupancy, restaurant food covers or outside temperatures. We also support hoteliers with advisory services, which cover CSR strategy, CSR policy, staff workshops, sustainability reporting and the provision of various sustainability toolkits. The Considerate Hoteliers team is based in London, United Kingdom with a satellite office in Munich, Germany. Our client portfolio is global including boutique hotels, many of London’s flagship properties, independent hotel groups and destinations.
We require an entry level Sustainability Executive to join our London based team. This important supporting position is to ensure the continuous account management of our existing advisory clients, including CSR strategy work with the development of CSR tools, monitoring, reporting and communication-related services.
You will be working directly with one of the Directors of the company, but will also be collaborating with the rest of the sustainability team for research purposes and communication projects.
• Assist with client account management, regular exchange with the CSR teams and departments
• Manage information streams with development of monitoring systems
• Analyse, interpret and communicate information
• Collate monthly and quarterly reports according to existing templates
• Support the delivery of strategy as well as policy papers
• Act as a point of contact for clients
• Assist with any sustainability-related research, both internally and externally
• Proficient in power-point presentations
• An interest in sustainability and hospitality
• Relevant university degree (BA) to a minimum 2:1 standard (Sustainable Tourism Management, CSR Management, Sustainability & Environmental Management, Supply Chain Management or similar)
• Analytical skills, including considerable Excel or database experience
• Ability to write sustainability reports with high attention to coherence
• Ability to take direction from senior staff and deliver tasks in a timely manner
• Able to work in a fast changing, start-up environment with an ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and changing priorities
• Fluent in English
• A Masters degree in a related discipline
• Previous work experience in sustainable tourism management or within a hotel
• Strong knowledge of climate change, sustainability or non-financial reporting, along with legislative, market and voluntary developments in sustainability and the hospitality sector
• Preferred 2nd language Italian and/or German
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter (optional) to email@example.com