Consultant, Building Technology and Carbon Efficiency
Considerate’s mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology, advisory services, and first-class customer service. With the business growing rapidly, driven by demand from existing clients and new business, Considerate Group has identified the need for a Consultant, Building Technology and Carbon Efficiency to support a rapidly growing business line within the company.
A growing number of Considerate’s clients require technical support focused on building technology, systems, and fabric, including recommendations for operational changes and capex investments. Sitting within Considerate’s Data Team and reporting to the Senior Sustainability Data Manager, this role will support the delivery of high-quality products, services, and strategic projects with a focus on technical delivery and product development as well as supporting clients with ongoing resource consumption data analyses, using client-facing and in-house tools. Key to the role is effective communication coupled with a technical mindset and the ability to build trust and rapport with existing and prospective clients, partners, and the team.
- Deliver energy and net-zero assessments and other technical services for hospitality clients as part of the Data Team, predominantly across Europe (periodic short-trips required)
- Provide bespoke financial, engineering, and asset level decarbonisation analyses and reports with actionable recommendations
- Analyse carbon, energy, and resource consumption data from buildings and operations to assess and benchmark performance
- Develop costed energy and carbon efficiency recommendations, scenarios, and pathways based on state-of-the-art interventions and in alignment with long-term client investment strategies
- Assist in client management activities for Considerate’s data platform, Con-Serve™, e.g. onboarding, demos, support, data uploads, reporting, data feed integration
- Support the Data Team in developing, implementing, and documenting reproducible data pipelines
- Deliver high-quality internal and client-facing outputs
- Support grant and bid writing activities
- Understand Considerate’s broader business proposition and portfolio of services
- Develop and maintain client and technical partner relationships
- Engage with third party providers to enhance the delivery of data services to our clients
- As part of a team with a relatively flat reporting structure, support colleagues at all levels as needed to ensure effective client/project delivery
- Lead by example in the regular and dedicated use of Considerate Group’s internal CRM system
Innovation and product development
- Contribute to the development of advanced energy and carbon models, working assumptions, and the catalogue of reduction measures
- Use internal and client-facing data management tools for identifying types of data, data quality considerations, data sources, and reporting
- Provide support to the scoping of strategic projects and solutions for clients, including development of new solutions, products, and services
- Keep on top of developments in the real estate and hospitality landscape, especially scientific and industry developments (as well as political, legislative, market and voluntary market developments)
To be successful in this role you should have
- A level 6 (or higher) degree in a relevant technical or engineering field or equivalent experience in technical facility operations
- At least one year of work-based experience in building facilities, technology assessment or engineering, including technical knowledge of building services, HVAC equipment, low-carbon technologies, and typical arrangements
- Knowledge on design stage, construction, and in-use stages to provide advice to clients on cost-effective and beneficial routes to achieve sustainability targets
- Demonstrable passion for data, ESG, and sustainability
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrated analytical skills relating to building performance and resource data tracking in commercial buildings
- Advanced knowledge of using general-purpose data analysis and documentation tools, especially MS Excel
- Proven ability to collect, document, organise, and analyse structured and unstructured empirical data
- Ability to survey commercial buildings to document existing systems, processes, and conditions
- Self-starter, rigorous, flexible, and with good people skills
- Adaptable with ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside area of expertise
- Highly customer service orientated
Additional skills (beneficial but not obligatory)
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: German, French, Spanish
- Direct experience working in real estate or in hospitality operations and/or project management
- Experience with BREEAM In-use, LEED, WELL, and similar reporting and certification schemes
- Registered CIBSE Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCEA) or Low Carbon Consultant (LCC)
- Building automation and controls experience
- Experience performing technical due diligence or systems commissioning
- Ability to use advanced data analysis and visualisation tools, such as R (tidyverse, ggplot)
Considerate Group is a B-Corp consultancy with a wealth of experience helping hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology, advisory services, and first-class customer service.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel’s occupancy, restaurant’s food covers or outside temperatures. We have also been developing a complementary mobile app, fluttr, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
Considerate Group provides data-driven advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the environmental, social and governance dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops and professional seminars, creating sustainability toolkits and corporate sustainability reporting.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
In addition to a competitive salary, dependent on experience, and an annual salary review, we offer a range of other benefits including annual bonus scheme, pension contribution, flexibility to work from home 2 / 3 days per week, flexibility to work from ‘anywhere in the world’ for up to 10 days per year, volunteering days, 25 days annual leave (+ additional days based on length of service), work from home equipment allowance, structured training and development package, HealthShield wellbeing package, access to complementary stays in client hotels
- Send your CV to Lynn Mackeonis at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject: ‘Application – Consultant, Building Technology and Carbon Efficiency role’
- Shortlisted applicants will first be asked to provide some background information, followed by an introductory conversation to get to know a bit more about you; the next stage would involve completing a short task, before being invited to attend a final interview