Sustainability Project Manager (German speaking)
Considerate’s mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology, advisory services, and first-class customer service. As our client base continues to grow, Considerate Group is looking for an experienced, German speaking Sustainability Project Manager to enhance our team.
Reporting to the Senior Sustainability Advisor, this role will support the management and high-quality delivery of Considerate’s products, services, and strategic projects. In addition to coordinating and quality-assuring the activities of Considerate’s team, the role will require the scoping and management of consultancy projects, including the development and implementation of client ESG strategies, and delivery of engaging webinars and workshops. Key to the role is an ability to develop relationships quickly and easily with existing clients and partners.
Coordination and delivery of consultancy projects
- Take a leading role in the coordination and delivery of advisory projects which may range in scope from environmental, resource consumption data analysis and compiling carbon foot printing reports to delivering workshops or writing policies for individual clients.
- Provide support to the scoping of strategic projects and solutions for clients
- Oversight of timely and high-quality input from the team into client work packages
- Quality-assurance of work-stream outputs
Delivery of engaging webinars and workshops
- Design and deliver virtual webinars and face to face workshops
- Actively promote and represent Considerate Group at events with potential clients and industry peers
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- As part of a small team with a relatively flat reporting structure, support colleagues at all levels as needed to ensure effective client/project delivery
- Matrix management of team members to ensure smooth project delivery
- Keep abreast of sustainability and hospitality landscape, including scientific and industry developments (as well as political, legislative, market and voluntary market developments)
- Keep up to date with technical developments in fluttr and Con-Serve™
- Deliver entrepreneurial advice/suggestions to further develop Considerate Group’s offer
To be successful in this role you should have:
- At least three years of work-based experience in sustainability, either as a consultant or in-house corporate sustainability professional
- Direct experience working in hospitality operations and/or management
- Experience in project and people management and/or supervision
- A passion for sustainable hospitality and tourism
- Fluent professional written and spoken English and German
- Highly organised and pro-active project management skills, with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms
- Strong presentation and workshop delivery skills; able to present ideas in a proficient manner suited to different settings and a variety of audiences
- Excellent attention to detail; confident quality assuring own and others’ work
- Adaptable with ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside area of expertise
- Highly customer service orientated with strong business/commercial acumen
- Self-driven and reliable
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience delivering carbon footprint and/or non-financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislative, market, and voluntary market developments
- Experience working with large asset investment funds, including work on investment, sales, and acquisitions
- Experience in conducting broader ESG, CSR or sustainability audits
- Understanding of technological/operational interventions designed to meet carbon reduction strategies
- Business development skills; identifying new opportunities and responding to tender
- Also fluent in a third language: French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic
Considerate Group is a B-Corp consultancy with a wealth of experience helping hospitality businesses become more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology, advisory services, and first-class customer service.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel’s occupancy, restaurant’s food covers or outside temperatures. We have also been developing a complementary mobile app, fluttrTM, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
Considerate Group provides data-driven advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the environmental, social and governance dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops and professional seminars, creating sustainability toolkits and corporate sustainability reporting.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
In addition to a competitive salary, dependent on experience, and an annual salary review, we offer a range of other benefits including annual bonus scheme, pension contribution, flexibility to work from home 2 / 3 days per week, flexibility to work from ‘anywhere in the world’ for up to 10 days per year, volunteering days, 25 days annual leave (+ additional days based on length of service), work from home equipment allowance, structured training and development package, HealthShield wellbeing package, access to complementary stays in client hotels
- Send your CV to Lynn Mackeonis at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject: ‘Application – Sustainability Project Manager (German speaking)’
- Shortlisted applicants will first be asked to provide some background information, followed by an introductory conversation to get to know a bit more about you; the next stage would involve completing a short task, before being invited to attend a final interview